Monthly Wholesale Trade Total Sales Up 0.7% and Inventories Up 0.2% in March

March 2006 sales of merchant wholesalers, except manufacturers’ sales branches and offices, after adjustment for seasonal variations and trading-day differences but not for price changes, were $315.0 billion, up 0.7 percent from the revised February level and were up 9.9 percent from the March 2005 level, U.S. Census Bureau announced today.

Total inventories were $366.7 billion at the end of March, up 0.2% from last month, and were up 6.3% from a year ago.

The March inventories/sales ratio for merchant wholesalers based on seasonally adjusted data, was 1.16. It was was 1.20 in Mar'05.

 

March sales of durable goods increased 0.3% MoM and were up 9.2% from a year ago.
Sales of petroleum and petroleum products increased 3.9% while sales of motor vehicle and motor vehicle parts and supplies decreased 2.6% from Feb'06.
End-of-month inventories of nondurable goods increased 0.3% from February and were up 5.7% compared to last Mar'05.
Inventories of beer, wine, and distilled alcoholic beverages increased 2.9% from February, while inventories of farm product raw materials fell 3.0%.
Nondurable goods account for 36.8%of total inventories while durable goods constitute the rest 63.2%.

Monthly Wholesale Trade: http://www.census.gov/svsd/www/mwts.html

Previous: « BlackBerry Led Worldwide PDA Industry to 7% Growth in 1Q 2006

Next : » Venture Capital Investing Started off 2006 with $5.6 billion in the First Quarter


  ABOUT    CONTACT Metrics 2.0 RSS Feeds RSS   Metrics 2.0 Widgets for your site or blog WIDGETS   ARCHIVES


Enter Email for Daily Feed Delivery: