- Orders for transportation equipment
fell by 2.6%, reflecting a 17.9% plunge in demand for commercial
- Orders for autos and auto parts rose
2.5% in May following a 2% drop in April.
- Excluding transportation, orders for
durable goods, would have risen by 0.7% following a 1% drop in April
- The category of non-defense capital
goods excluding aircraft posted a 1% gain in May after a 1.9% drop in
- Inventories of manufactured durable
goods in May, up four of the last five months, increased 0.4% to
$279.7 billion. This followed a 1.1% April increase.