10-15 Sec. Video Ads Preferred; Consumers Play Only 15% of an Online Video or Audio
- Consumers typically play only 15% of an entire online video or audio (the average run time for video is 7.5 minutes and audio is 22 minutes).
- Consumers will listen to audio for almost 3 times longer (an average of 3 min.) as they will watch a video (an average of 1 min).
- Consumers are 6 times more likely to play content online than they are to download it.
Highlights from the interview-based market research (by Pathfinder Innovation for PodZinger):
- Consumers are willingly accept short 10-15 seconds ads that appear during their search for online audio and video content, and prefer to the typical 30-second TV commercials.
- A high percentage of respondents viewed targeted advertisements that were relevant to their online search as positive and more personal