10 Social Shopping Sites for Starters
Here is a list of prominent social shopping sites, in alphabetical order:
- Crowdstorm: a social shopping network that helps you find what to buy by measuring the buzz around products. You can also see recommendations from friends and people you trust.
- ExpoTV: a video solution to product research, with consumer-generated reviews and product demonstrations available in full-motion video. The site features thousands of Videopinion reviews for Web and cable VOD.
- Kaboodle: makes it easy to collect, organize, and share information for shopping, travel or any other research. Struck a deal late last month with eBay’s comparison shopping service, Shopping.com.
- MyPickList: allows users to highlight and link to preferred products using a customizable widget they can add to their personal blogs or profile pages.
- ShopWiki: Shopping search site with consumer-written wiki buying guides, lets users submit video and text reviews, and add to or edit product category guides.
- StyleHive: a collection of products, brands, designers and stores discovered and tagged by the Hive community.
- ThisNext: Product are picked by the ThisNext community and are organized into product playlists called shopcasts.
- Wists: shopping widgets of thousands of styles of wists that can be added your Myspace profile, weblog or website.
- Yahoo Shopping: Yahoo aims to socialize online shopping through its "Shoposphere" communities.
- Zixxo: a coupon creation, management and syndication network that enables businesses to reward favorable behavior by local consumers.
And here are some insightful blog post on social shopping: