Nanotech Venture Capital to Exceed $650 Million in 2006 - Lux Research
Other Highlights from Lux Research on Nanotech VC environment:
- The average deal to date in 2006 comes to $11.5 million, 19% higher than 2005's $9.6 million.
- In 2006 through September, 121 different institutional venture capitalists invested in nanotech start-ups.
- 10 venture-backed nanotech start-ups have managed an IPO of shares, raising an aggregate $417.2 million at their debuts with a total implied valuation of $1.69 billion.
The report entitled "Exits for Venture Capitalists in Nanotechnology Remain Elusive" also provides valuation data on nanotech start-ups which have exited to date and a comparison of exits for nanotech start-ups to exits by venture-backed companies as a whole, worldwide.
The Top 20 Nanotechnology start-ups according to Lux Research rankings released on October:
2) A123Systems, Aspen Aerogels, Oxonica
4) Molecular Imprints, Nanosys
5) Imago Scientific Instruments
6) Catalytic Solutions, Nanogate, Nanosphere
7) NanoInk, Nano-Tex, Nantero
8) Dendritic NanoTechnologies, Five Star Technologies, Integran, ItN Nanovation
9) Ormecon Chemie