Video Game Industry Sales Jump 34% in Nov. - NPD
- The portable Nintendo DS sold in the highest numbers, with 918,000 units.
- Sony's PlayStation 2 followed with 664,000 consoles sold.
- Microsoft's Xbox 360 sold 511,000 units.
- The $250 Nintendo Wii sold 476,000 units.
- The PS3, which retails for $500 and $600, sold 197,000 units
Worldwide, Both Sony and Nintendo expect to sell 6 million of their next-generation consoles by the end of March.
Software sales climbed 15% to $804 million from $702 million a year ago.