Yahoo! Answers Celebrates 60M Users, 160M Answers and 1st Bday
Information free, fast and from many: According to the survey, online adults also indicated that they would be more likely to turn to the Internet for answers to specific questions if:
- the service was free (81%),
- they could get answers in minutes (79%),
- they needed an answer to something their friends or family aren't familiar with (77%),
- they could get individual answers from many people (43%).
The survey also revealed what infromation online adults searched for:
- current and breaking news (96%),
- reviews of consumer electronics (83%),
- advice on travel or trip planning (82%),
- restaurant or hotel reviews and recommendations (75%),
- do-it-yourself home improvement tips (74%).
Regardless of the type of information they are looking for, the majority of online adults would prefer to get many responses from a group of individuals rather than an individual response from a close friend or family member.
Yahoo! Answers taps into the knowledge of individuals to benefit the greater group by providing online users many answers to their questions, increasing the likelihood that people will find what they are looking for. The service is available in 20 countries and in 9 languages worldwide.