Borrell Associates: Online Recruitment Advertising to Hit $10B
Borrell Associates report "2007 OUTLOOK: ONLINE RECRUITMENT ADVERTISING" projects that this sector will continue to grow over the next five years, approaching $10 billion by 2011. Newspapers, meanwhile, will flatten out at $5.4 billion this year and appear to be headed for another downward slide, reversing four years of moderate growth.
Additional Highlights from the Report:
- Smaller sites each accounting for less than 3% of market share in aggregate generate 66% of the$ 5.9 billion in online job revenue.
- Among the two largest players, Monster makes up 14% and CareerBuilder accounts for 12% of online job revenue.
- Newspapers not affiliated with those two classifieds distributors comprise 8% of online recruitment ad revenues.
- Large metro daily papers will lose 20% in annual job ad revenue by 2011, while suburban and community papers will gain 25% by that time.
- By 2011, online spending is set to jump by 64 percent, which bodes well for local newspaper Web sites.
The report says, this sector now represents the largest single segment of online advertising, and the field has become wildly competitive as major players change partners and "free listing" sites continue to pop up.