Over 10 million LCD TVs Shipped in Q3; Samsung #1; Top 10 are...

Almost a quarter (23%) of the 10.8 million LCD TV units shipped worldwide in Q3 2006 were made by external OEMs with the remaining 77% of LCD TVs produced by LCD TV brands’ in-house production lines, according to DisplaySearch's Q3’06 LCD TV Value Chain Report. Samsung led the LCD TV set manufacturers with 13.2% share. 

Highlights of the Q3’06 LCD TV Value Chain Report include:

  • 14.9 million LCD TV modules were shipped from TFT LCD makers. LCD TV manufacturers shipped 10.8 million units. The variances were mainly due to supply chain, assembly lead time, buffer stocks and channel inventory.
  • Samsung led the TV set manufacturers with 13.2% share in Q3’06, closely followed by Sharp. Jabil was the only manufacturer in the top 10 that was not also a TV brand.
  • In Q3’06, 77% of the LCD TV sets shipped were made at LCD TV brand in-house factories or TV assembly lines. 23% were outsourced to the subcontracted manufacturers such as TPV, Jabil, AmTRAN, Quanta and Vestel.
  • Many LCD TV brands (such as Dell, Grundig, HP, Polaroid, Relysis, Vizio, ViewSonic, Westinghouse and Syntax-Brillian) outsourced 100% of their LCD TV set manufacturing.

 

Top 10 LCD TV Set Manufacturers and Main LCD TV Brand Customers

LCD TV Set Manufacturers

Market Share in Q3’06 (%)

1

Samsung

13.2%

2

Sharp

13.0%

3

Sony

10.3%

4

LGE

7.4%

5

AOC (TPV)

6.6%

6

Funai

5.3%

7

Panasonic

4.4%

8

Toshiba

4.0%

9

Jabil

2.9%

10

TTE

2.1%

 

Previous: « IT Security Spending by U.S. Companies to Hit $61 billion in 2006

Next : » Private Equity Trade Group Formed; PE Capital Available Exceeds $700 billion


  ABOUT    CONTACT Metrics 2.0 RSS Feeds RSS   Metrics 2.0 Widgets for your site or blog WIDGETS   ARCHIVES


Enter Email for Daily Feed Delivery: