New Money Flow into Hedge Funds Nearly Tripled to $126.5B in 2006
- Fund managers attracted $15.8 billion in the final three months of the year, compared with $44.5 billion in the third quarter
- The HFRI Composite Index showed hedge funds gained 12.9% in 2006, slightly below the 13.6% the broad S&P 500 index gained last year.
- Funds of funds returned 10.4% in 2006, compared with 7.5% in 2005. Globally, funds-of- funds assets were $547 billion as of Dec. 31.
Sources and Related Commentary:
- Hedge funds rake in $126.5 billion in new money in '06 - CNN Money/Yahoo
- Hedge-Fund Deposits Declined 64% in Fourth Quarter - Bloomberg
Collapse Slows Hedge Fund Investments During 4Q -
- Hedge funds attract less money in fourth quarter - MarketWatch
- Hedge funds grow 13% in 2006 - InvestmentNews
Best hedgers topped 30% in '06 -
International Herald Tribune
Industry Report - Year End 2006 - HFR