66% of Americans View Online Video; 15-Second Advertising Spots Preferred
Some 44% of these video viewers are between the ages of 18 and 34, while 56% are age 35 and older.
The younger demographic 18-34 is more likely to engage in activities such as:
- watching TV episodes online,
- creating their own video content
- forwarding video clips to friends
- entertainment content such as music videos, television shows and movie trailers
Those age 35 and older are more likely to view news and sports clips.
Online video advertising:
- 15-second spots are not only preferred by consumers to TV-length ads but also perform better.
- End-play rates for 15-second spots are 20% higher than 30-second spots.
- 66% of consumers ranked "shorter ads than television" as the number one factor when asked what would make video advertising more pleasurable.
Advertising.com's online video study leveraged survey data acquired from a sample of 500 respondents over the age of 18, as well as advertising performance data generated from Advertising.com's video network.